Andrew Corrigan's Ph.D. Dissertation
- Written exam, June 16, 2008
- Linear and nonlinear functional analysis
- Measure Theory, Integration, Lp spaces, Convolution, Fourier analysis
- Partial differential equations
- Fluid dynamics
- Oral exam, July 8, 2008, 1:00 PM, Science & Technology 1, Room 242
Write a code using a meshless method to find the flow around the NACA 0012 foil, analogous to the homework from the course CSI 721 which uses the finite volume method.
- Validate the code against the FVM code by visualizing the solution produced by each code, and comparing residuals.
- Explore how kernel size affects the the results. This may include choosing both adaptive and constant kernel sizes. Several tests should be run using different kernel sizes
- Profile the meshless code and compare its performance with that of the FVM code.
- Summarize the results in a short 5-10 page paper and in an oral presentation for the committee.
- Friday, October 10, 2008, 9:00 AM, Research I, Room 301
- Thursday, March 22, 2009, 9:00 AM, Research I, Room 302